Franz Andersen, MS., LMSW.
- Licensed Master of Social Work
- Mental Health Professional
- Mental Health Counselor
- Mental Health Therapist
Hours & Fees
Monday 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Tuesday 12:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Wednesday 12:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday By Appointment
Fees $75 – $200/hour*
*Depending on Session/Service.
Sliding Scale may be available.
In-Network Provider for
- Master of Social Work – Texas Tech University
- Bachelor in Psychology
Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Licensed Master of Social Work
- National Provider Identifier
- Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) – May 2019
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (ASIST) Certification – October 2021
Franz Andersen, MS., LMSW.
Licensed Professional Counselor
My Approach to Helping
I earned my bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Metropolitan State University of Denver, and my Master’s degree in Social Work from Texas Tech University. Currently I am working towards obtaining my Clinical Social Work licensure. I am passionate about working with adults struggling with addiction, anxiety, depression, grief / loss, and religious or faith-based trauma. I also have years of experience in helping those struggling with substance abuse disorders as well as co-occurring disorders, both in inpatient and outpatient settings. I utilize a humanistic approach to therapy primarily focusing on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Mindfulness. I believe in the importance of working with my clients to create an individualized treatment plan that will allow clients to create their best life; a life of peace, love, and joy. I love helping people create, and tap into their true potential in a safe judgment-free space.
In my free time when not working, I am spending time with my wife and daughter. I love motorcycles and have been riding one since 14 years-old. I love the outdoors and connecting with nature in various ways. I love flowers and plants and my ideal office would be located inside of a tropical greenhouse. I also love bees and beekeeping, pit bulls, laughing, and connecting authentically with others.
“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
~ Albert Einstein
A Few Services I Provide
Services also known as modes or types of mental health care sessions can be given in a variety of formats, including:
- Individual Therapy & Counseling: This therapy involves only the patient and the therapist. Sometimes called psychotherapy or talk therapy is a process through which a client works one-on-one with a trained mental health clinician in a safe, caring, and confidential environment.
- Marital/Couples Counseling: This type of therapy helps a couple that is struggling with aspects of their relationship. This type of therapy can also be used to help spouses and partners understand why their loved one has a mental disorder, what changes in communication and behaviors can help, and what they can do to cope.
- Premarital Counseling: A type of therapy that helps couples take the next step in their relationship, resolve issues in their relationship before they commit to marriage, or set relationship goals.
- Relationship Counseling: Focuses on improving the relationship between individuals by helping them resolve interpersonal issues. The relationship may fall under the marital, couple or family groups or may be in-laws, friends, co-workers, or other acquaintances.
- Group Counseling: Two or more patients may participate in therapy at the same time. Patients can share experiences and learn that others feel the same way and have had the same experiences.
- Telehealth: Also known as teletherapy, generally, refers to individual psychotherapy or talk therapy delivered through technology like video conferencing.
Ages I Work With
Each stage of life creates different challenges to good mental health. Eating right, staying physically active, getting enough sleep, and having health relationship will help support good mental health & wellness throughout life.
An accurate diagnosis and an age-appropriate treatment program is crucial when one is suffering from mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, or other mental health disorder. I offer services for:
- Adults (ages 18-55)
- Elders (ages 56-100+)
Some Client Concerns I Treat
Mental health crises range from the worries we all experience as part of everyday life to traumatic mental health crisis or serious long-term conditions. A mental health crisis is a difficult life situation where a person’s coping strategies do not work. People in crisis feel helpless and distressed, they feel like they are loosing control over their life.
I am trained to help people experiencing a crisis and can teach skills and strategies to more effectively manage crisis situations. Some of my client concerns and mental health crisis & disorder specialties include:
- ADHD / Inattention, Impulsivity & Hyperactivity
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Body Image
- Communication Problems
- Compulsive Spending / Shopping
- Control Issues
- Dual Diagnosis
- Drug & Alcohol Addiction
- Emotional Intelligence
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Life Purpose, Meaning & Inner-Guidance
- Life Transitions
- Men’s Issues
- Relationships and Marriage
- Religious Issues
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Sex Addiction
- Substance Use
- Trust Issues
- Women’s Issues
- Young Adult Issues
Types of Therapy
Psychotherapy, also referred to as talk therapy, psycho-social therapy, counseling, or, simply, therapy, is the primary method for treating mental health problems by talking with a mental health provider. The goal is the help an individual better understand their mental health and teach strategies and tools that manage unhealthy thoughts and behaviors.
While there are many approaches to psychotherapy, there is no single approach that works for everyone. A therapist may use a blended approach, sampling techniques from several different types of psychotherapy. The kind of psychotherapy a person receives depends on the unique needs. Below are some of the types of psychotherapy I utilize.
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Humanistic Psychology (Humanism)
- Integration of Different Therapy Models
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Strength-Based Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
Truth-Based Relational Intervention
TBRI® is an attachment-based, trauma-informed intervention that is designed to meet the complex needs of vulnerable children or children from hard places. TBRI® uses Empowering Principles to address physical needs, Connecting Principles for attachment needs, and Correcting Principles to disarm fear-based behaviors. While the intervention is based on years of attachment, sensory processing, and neuroscience research, the heartbeat of TBRI® is connection.
The program was founded and developed by The Karyn Purvis Institute of Child Development at Texas Christian University in Texas. The research and evidence-based program provides education, training, and outreach to improve the lives of children who have experienced abuse, neglect, and/or some type of trauma. With the real-life application of these highly successful interventions, it empowers parents, professionals, and students with trauma-informed strategies that improve outcomes for children and youth.
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is an internationally acclaimed training program in suicide first-aid and is listed on the National Suicide Prevention Registry of Evidence-Based Programs..
ASIST helps mental health providers learn how to prevent suicide by recognizing signs, providing skilled intervention, and working with the patient to develop a safety plan.
Morgan Health Centers and its Affiliates are outpatient centers and NOT an emergency care facilities. In case of an emergency please contact a primary care physician or the local emergency room, police or 911.
Morgan Health Centers recognizes the needs of patients with disabilities, as defined by the American Disabilities Act. We continue to make every effort to comply with state and federal accessibility regulations and accommodate patients with disabilities.
- Accessible Parking
- Gender Neutral Bathroom
- Service Animals Welcome
- Wheelchair Accessible Building
- Wheelchair Accessible Restroom
Additional Links to More Information About Me & Morgan Health Centers
I invite you to explore reviews and additional web pages/sites related to me, Morgan Health Centers, and Affiliates.
- Morgan Health Centers – facebook.com/MorganHealthCenters
- Morgan Mental Health – facebook.com/MorganMentalHealth
- Morgan Primary Health – facebook.com/MorganPrimaryHealth
- Morgan Integrative Health – facebook.com/MorganIntegrativeHealth
- Morgan Children’s Fund – facebook.com/MorganChildrensFund
- Instagram – instagram.com/morganmental